ASBMR is excited to announce the next webinar in its Career Development Webinar Series “One Lab, Three Different Paths: Exploring Career Pathways in the Bone, Mineral, and Musculoskeletal Field” in which three ASBMR members, who all trained in the same lab, each took different paths to get where they are today. Dr. Kristy Nicks, Ph.D. currently holds a governmental position, Dr. Tristan Fowler, Ph.D. currently holds a position in the pharmaceutical industry, and Dr. Dan Perrien, Ph.D. currently holds a position in academia. Each speaker will share the steps they’ve taken to get where they are today, and what their work looks like on a day-to-day basis. This webinar will be held on May 23, 2018 at 11:00 AM EDT. This webinar is free to attend, so register today!
Visit the ASBMR WEBSITE for more information on this and additional educational resources
IFMRS GRANTS AND AWARDS
IFMRS FELLOWSHIP GRANTS
Applications for the 2018 Fellowship Grants are currently under review. Check the website for announcements on availability of future IFMRS Fellowship Grants.
IFMRS EXHANGE GRANTS
Congratulations to the following who have been awarded IFMRS Exchange Grants Michela Rossi, ECTS member (Bambino gesù children's hospital, Rome) to visit Institute for Osteologie und Biomechanik, University of Hamburg, Germany Milos Spasic, ORS member (Columbia University) to visit Inst of Bioengineering, Queen Mary University of London Feitong Wu, ANZBMS member (Menzies Institute for Medical Research) to visit School of Health Studies, University of S Australia Li Jin, ORS member (University of Virginia) to visit Rush University, Chicago, USA Ling Oei, ECTS and ASBMR member (Erasmus, Rotterdam) to visit Aarhus University, Denmark
IFMRS TRAVEL GRANTS
Now open: Travel Grants to attend forthcoming IFMRS member society meetings in 2018 including the JSBMR, ANZBMS, ASBMR and SEIOMM
Congratulations to the following who have been awarded IFMRS Travel Grants to attend member society meetings. Rachel Duckham (Deakin University) to attend ASBMR 2017 Sharon Brennan-Olsen (University of Melbourne) to attend ASBMR 2017 Severin Ruoss (Balgrist University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland) to attend ORS March 2018 Chao Liu (New York University Bioengineering Dept) to attend ORS March 2018 Jasmine (Li) Xiao (Orthopaedic Research, University of Virginia) to attend ORS March 2018 Mathieu Riffault (Trinity Centre for Bioengineering, Dublin ) to attend ORS March 2018 Vittoriio Gatti (City College of New York) to attend ORS March 2018 Pamela Cabahug-Zuckerman (New York University) to attend ORS March 2018 Simona Bolamperti (University Medical School Hamburg) to attend ECTS May 2018 Davide Komla Ebri (ICL, London) to attend ECTS May 2018 Mattia Capulli (University of L'Aquila) to attend ECTS May 2018 Frederic Velard (Reims University) to attend ECTS May 2018 Petar Milovanivic (Belgrade University) to attend ECTS May 2018 Lucie Bourgoin (Geneva University) to attend ECTS May 2018
IFMRS NEW MEMBER
Welcome to a new member of the IFMRS – The International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD) whose mission is to advance excellence in the assessment of skeletal health.
· The ISCD provide continuing education and certification to physicians and technologists in the medical community that have an interest in the field of bone densitometry. View our current course offerings.
· We address the latest issues and advancements in densitometry and communicate them to our members through our communications and publications. View the Journal of Clinical Densitometry.
· We are impacting quality densitometry and osteoporosis treatment in over 50 countries, from Australia to Uruguay — connecting researchers, technologists, physicians, and others with an interest in the field.
· We address local and regional threats to patient access and fair reimbursement for quality diagnosis and treatment. Learn more about our advocacy.
· We partner with other organizations to deliver the most impactful information to our members.