ICCBH Bone School 2023
Monday 29 May to Wednesday 31 May 2023
at Les Pensières Center for Global Health, Veyrier-du-Lac, Annecy, France
The ICCBH Bone School is a 3-day residential international educational course giving the opportunity for participants to learn about and discuss mechanisms, clinical diagnosis and treatment of paediatric bone health and rare bone diseases. The first school took place in Dublin, Ireland from 29 June – 1 July 2022. Our next ICCBH Bone School will take place near Annecy, France from Monday 29 to Wednesday 31 May 2023. From then the Bone School will continue in different locations every two years.
PLEASE NOTE: This year’s Bone School is now full and the registration system closed.
Aims and Objectives
On completion of this educational course participants will:
- Understand the pathophysiological mechanisms underlying bone fragility and mineralization disorders
- Understand how rare bone and muscle disorders affect the skeleton and growth
- Understand bone ultrastructure and bone imaging and how chronic diseases affect bone muscle and bone
- Be able to differentiate between mineralization and fragility disorders
- Understand the diagnostic and therapeutic options for the management of paediatric bone disorders
Course Organiser: Wolfgang Högler (Linz, Austria)
Who should attend?
Clinical paediatric adult and endocrine trainees and fellows with an interest in bone disease
Clinical and translational researchers
The Bone school aims to supplement a working knowledge of bone metabolism and skeletal disorders. Therefore the course is best suited to the following groups:
- Senior (Year3+) Trainees in paediatric or adult endocrinology or relative specialities (genetics/ metabolic/orthopaedics)
- Clinical fellows with an interest in bone disease
- Postdoctoral clinical and translational researchers in fields related to bone metabolism or skeletal disorders
Numbers will be limited to 48 delegates in order to promote interaction and discussion both within and outside the lecture theatre. Participants will have the opportunity to learn from and interact with some of leading experts in the field.
Thank you to our corporate supporters: